The benefits of a Magento-Quickbooks integration are numerous. Intensified data accuracy, improved speed and efficiency, and increased revenue and sales are just a few of the things your company will enjoy.
Uniting the two systems isn’t necessarily a quick-and-easy transition. There are some pretty important things that must be done beforehand if you want to end up with a successful integration in the end.
Here are five things to do to get your organization prepared for the big and exciting change ahead.
1- Ask a Lot of Questions
You want to make sure you have all the answers to the following questions before you begin a Magento-Quickbooks integration:
- What are our goals as a company?
- Are we willing to change and update our processes to achieve those goals?
- What benefits will be gained by streamlining, optimizing, and integrating?
With answers to these questions, you’ll have a solid idea of how you envision the results of your Magento-Quickbooks integration.
2- Have Your Employees Help Create a Change-Management Strategy
One of the most crucial preparations you can make is to get your staff on board for the change from the very beginning. If they are involved in creating the change-management strategy, they will be more ready to act on the new changes and will be more willing to engage in the training required to get maximum benefit out of the implementation.
Some of the tools or components of a good change-management strategy are:
- Readiness assessments
- Communication planning
- Manager and employee training
- Resistance management
- Data collection, feedback analysis, and corrective action
- Recognizing and celebrating success
3- Set Up Magento and Quickbooks for Integration
In order for Magento and Quickbooks to be able to communicate with each other, there are a couple of setup steps to take.
- Create a SOAP/XML Role by choosing System > Web Services > SOAP/XML ‒ RPC Roles in the Magento admin panel. Then choose Add New Role to create a role name and save it. Then, in the Role Resources tab, change the Resource Access to ALL and save it.
- Create a SOAP/XML User by choosing System > Web Services > SOAP/XML ‒ RPC Users in the Magento admin panel. Fill out the Account Information form. The User Name and the API Key are created by you and then save it. Lastly, in the User Role tab, allocate the user to the role you created earlier and save.
Once this is completed, web services will be added in Magento. This allows it to begin synchronizing products, customers, orders, and invoices with Quickbooks.
Log into QuickBooks as an administrator, go to File, and click Update Web Services. If that option is missing, a third-party QuickBooks WebService Connector such as Connex will need to be set up, connected, and paired with Magento.
When the connection is configured, the data will begin to sync from Magento to QuickBooks.
4- Be Prepared to See It Through to the End
It takes time to complete a Magento-QuickBooks integration successfully.
There’s finding the right ERP system, getting it into place on a small scale within a part of an organization, rolling it out to the organization as a whole, training employees, and becoming comfortable with the solution before you may see significant efficiencies and improvements.
If you’re patient, the benefits of your Magento-QuickBooks integration will certainly come, and you will wonder how you ever did business before.
5- Consider Hiring an Integration Service
While an ERP project such as a Magento-QuickBooks integration isn’t terribly difficult, it does have many moving parts and a myriad of behind-the-scenes details that need to be considered and addressed. Without properly accounting for all of them, something can go amiss and cause frustration and delays.
For the highest chance of success, you may want to involve an integration service with a team of experts like DocInfusion who know how to quickly bring Magento and Quickbooks together to create a seamless system that works wonders for your business.